For many years, we have been interested in the biographies of London clockmakers. This has involved trying to understand professional connections against the backdrop of family links and the contemporary documentary record. Some of our work has been published – others are work in progress.
The families we are particularly working on are:
- Edward EAST (1602-c. 1695)
- David RAMSAY (c. 1580- 1659)
- Randolph (c. 1550-1617) and John BULL (c. 1530-1587)
- Robert GRINKIN senior and junior
- Bartholomew NEWSAM (c. 1530-1587)